Among conventional black pigments, carbon black exhibits excellent blackness. In its non-encapsulated form, it consists of fine amorphous nano-particles, requiring careful handling, formulation and registration, conforming to special regulations as a nano ingredient. Carbon black nano-particle size proves to be directly related to the surface area of carbon black and influences its colors, rheology, dispersion and electrical conductivity in the formulations. In its naked form, carbon black requires careful dispersion, tends to heavily aggregate, and is likely to become airborne to contaminate work environment. In order to deliver non-nano carbon black, easy to formulate and overcoming the nano-particles regulation requirements, Tagra Biotechnologies developed and patented CarbonCap™, the Tagra Carbon Black Unbreakable Microcapsules coated with transparent polymer.
Available in two sizes ~2 microns, and ~20microns, CarbonCap™ offers considerable benefits:
- Highly loaded (90%) in pure grade carbon black, CarbonCap™ gives to the end product excellent blackness.
- CarbonCap™ simplifies product registration, avoiding special regulation for nano-material.
- CarbonCap™ ensures color uniformity and stability with no agglomerates apparition.
- Suitable for liquid and powder based formulations, CarbonCap™ is widely used in mascaras and eyeliners, but can be also added to blends to achieve special color effects .
- It enables better handling. Easy to use and reduces dusting problems in comparison to non-encapsulated forms.
- Easy to formulate, CarbonCap™ should be added to the already prepared base formulation.
|Tagracap™||Color||Description||% pigment in Microcapsules|
||Microencapsulated Organic Carbon Black - 2 microns size||Carbon Black min.85%|
||Microencapsulated Organic Carbon Black - 20 microns size||Carbon Black min.85%|